The 2015 Biocat Report wouldn’t have been possible without the whole Biocat team, from general management to business development. However we would particularly like to recognize the hard work of the Communication and Marketing team: Mònica Montero, head of Knowledge Management; Nuria Peláez, head of Corporate Image, Media and Promotion; Anna Gimeno and Rosa Nualart, CRM experts; and Marta Malé, department intern.
We are especially grateful for the work of Adela Farré, author of the chapter “The BioRegion: The Catalan life sciences and heathcare sector. Status and analysis”, which contains most of the figures and main indicators on the BioRegion.
We would also like to recognize the work of those who wrote the articles, enriching and complementing the document with their expert view of the various areas of the industry: Josep M. Martorell, Bertalan Meskó, Guy Norah, Ignasi Biosca, Gemma Estrada, Thomas Klein and Thamer Shahin, as well as the collaboration of all the companies in the “Success stories” section at the end of each chapter.
We must highlight that all of the organizations we’ve contacted have been extremely helpful and would like to thank those who have provided us with data, information and knowledge:
- Montse Daban and Joan Francesc Córdoba, from the Government of Catalonia Secretariat of Universities and Research
- Pascual Segura and Núria Sans, from the University of Barcelona Patent Center
- Llorenç Arguimbau, from the Research Observatory of the Institute of Catalan Studies (OR-IEC)
- Elsa Alonso and Cristina Borràs, from the Agency for Management of University and Research Grants (AGAUR)
- Nieves Cuadrado, from the Spanish National Statistics Institute (INE).
- Ángela Alférez, from the Spanish Association of Venture Capital Firms (ASCRI)
Likewise, we would also like to thank the investors that helped us compile the table on investments received by companies in the sector and the hundred or so companies that answered the internationalization survey.
Finally, our sincerest thanks to the two companies that sponsored this 2015 edition of the report, Bioibérica and Ferrer, for their commitment and financial support. It would have been very difficult to compile and publish the study without them.
Many thanks to all of you.